Wednesday, July 4, 2007

There's Bears and these here mountains!

Tenters here at Lake Louise Campground are surrounded by a 7,000 volt electric fence, with a Texas gate that is electrified, you can't walk on it, but you can drive over it, you wouldn't die, just have a very shocking experience.









You are not allowed to leave anything outside your tent or RV except for your lawn chairs, it you do the park rangers will pick it up and store it. A Grizzly and her two cubs were here at the park in the RV section a couple days ago.

There are gates that are padded and have bear proof ways to get out for someone who wants to hike amongst those bears, not me......








Canada is very careful with it's wildlife, they don't stock lakes, so as not to introduce anything foreign into the lakes, they build bridges over the roads just for the wildlife to cross over, and they let the bears be bears and try to protect the people.












This is their effort to protect the campers, who are in tents, the RV campers just have to stay in their campers at night, and we did, Gracie and Rainier could only go to the bathroom in a 3 foot radius from the door of the RV.






4 comments:

badavenport said...

Your pictures are wonderful!! I feel I am along for the ride, I know I know, three is a crowd but trust me you will never know I am here!!! Keep having fun and be safe!!! Barbara

Safarigrl said...

Thanks Barbara, enjoy you being with us, and enjoy the comments, at least I know someone is there.

Jody said...

Love the pics Linda! I enjoy living vicariously through you and Cindy very much! Operator error is the 1st option, but how come only a few pics have the option to add a comment and some don't? Or is it set up that way? Enlighten me please! I have a sneaky feeling I'm doing this all wrong!
And what is a mini-safeway (aka-pygmy) like anyway?

Safarigrl said...

I don't know why you can't leave posts on all of them, I will check and see if I did something to make that happen. The miniSafeway was about the size of two maybe three 7-11's put together. OK prices though and a small but interesting deli