Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Road to the Columbia Ice Fields the start of the Columbia River

Cindy and decided to drive up the highway toward Jasper in our PT Cruiser, even though tomorrow we will be going the same way in our motorhome. We thought we would be freer to stop and look at things along the way at the ice fields, and we were right.

The pictures you are looking at here are all taken out of the moon roof of the PT Cruiser, the view is unbelievable, like you took Glacier Park and put it on steroids. Swiss Alps, glaciers, everywhere you look, left, right, back of you, front of you. I've never ooooh and ahhhed that much, even at a fireworks exhibit.

Our destination, and the last pictures you see is the Columbia Ice Fields, it is actually a glacier named Aba.....something or other, but it is called the Columbia Ice fields because it is the start of the Columbia river.

You can take huge bus up on to the ice field, and Kyle, who was with us, took his shoes off and walked on it. They also served water from the glacier, pretty outstanding, I am told. The buses are driving on 1,000 feet of ice.

We are leaving the Lake today, and going on to Jasper, then off to Alaska, everything is going well, we just haven't had full hookups since we left, so it has been hard with the water, sewer and laundry.

Found out that it costs 69 cents a minute to call from Canada and receive a call, so that's why you haven't been hearing alot from me.








































































































4 comments:

Linda2 said...

Great Pictures -- I thought you were already in Alaska from the scenery. I really appreciate you taking the time to take us "along" with you on this trip. I almost feel like I am in the RV with you. How's the temperature? I am having trouble sending my comments - seems I can not remember my password but I am almost sure I am using the one I signed in with. Hopefully, this will go through. Keep those pictures coming. They're GREAT!!! And the comments are wonderful also.

Jody said...

I love the pooch pictures! Yoda is a little poser too! I bet Gracie sure is popular with all the boy dogs with those eyes of hers!
Hey, does Ken raise fainting goats here in Auburn, or the "regular" kind, must know!
Linda, it takes me about 6 hrs to do 4 loads of laundry NOW and my machine functions fine! You guys are having too much fun and I MUST roll on a glacier and soon! it's UNGODLY hot here now!

Safarigrl said...

No, I don't think he raises fainting goats, although they may faint when they find out what he is raising them for. You know there is a big jump in people eating goat now, in fact, Gwendolyn is going to start a restaurant and serve only BBQed goat, I think she spent too much time in Trinidad

D.Ann&Sharon said...

so, where's the group hike photo from the peak???? s