Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The road to the Yukon Territory

Cindy drove over 350 hard miles today and we are in the Yukon Territory, I am sitting in a cafe attached to the RV park going as fast as I can before they close up, this is the only place I can internet at, the mosquitoes are eating me up inside here, we should be in Whitehorse tomorrow, or close to it, we are in
Watson Lake now














This is how it happens: First you get to a construction zone, where they are repaving the road and are suppose to slow down, then a couple trucks pass you going 70 miles an hour and you are left with two good dings on your windshield, we just had our other one fixed 2 hours earlier



















































































































We didn't do much in Fort Nelson but sleep in the RV place,
so on the way out I took a picture of the AceTruevalue Hardware,
Willy says you can tell all about a place by looking at it's hardware store


I found the self timer on the camera and now can take pictures of me, but I couldn't decide how I wanted "me" to look, but this is how I look going down the highway, this book is our bible


















After seeing so many bears we bought a bear bell for Gracie because she goes out into the bush, the bear bell was made in Kent, Washington, and we bought it here!




















We saw two caribou's, three black bears, at least 40 buffalo, and 50 stone sheep today alone


























































































































A black bear is running up the hillside here, I know you can't see it, but trust me,
it's there















































































































































































































No comments: