Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The unthinkable happened, ooooh nooooo

The last pictures my camera took and then it went black





I wore the camera out,
just as we were pulling into Homer and I went oooooh, myyyyy,
is that beautiful or what,
and picked up the camera and zoomed into what would have been a great shot,
the picture was black!
Looked in the viewer and the picture was black!
Tried everything I could think of and the camera is broke.



We are in Homer,
picture this,
without the visual aid of a picture,
this is the only time I have seen
ocean waves lapping up to the beach,
turquoise water stretching out
to Alps like snow capped mountains,
glaciers hanging off them
reflecting into the water......



No camera......



Nowhere to get a camera,
went to the hardware store,
they said they had cameras,
three very old digital camera's and they wanted hundred's of dollars for them, couldn't do it,
went to Safeway,
they had one digital camera,
bought it, took pictures,
my cell phone took better pictures than it did,
took it back, they won't take it back,
had it for an hour,
told me to come back tomorrow and talk to manager........



Radio Shack has a digital camera,
ok one,
but they have no memory,
they are out of that particular one,
maybe that's why they still have a digital camera there.






Anyway, I have a few pictures to download from on our way up here, will do that tomorrow.



We are on Homer Spit, in our motorhome, facing the water, watched an eagle catch salmon all afternoon, seals playing out our window, it is amazingly like Animal Planet without the tv.



This is truly the Halibut Capital of the world, we had fish and chips and it was fresh halibut, the best I have ever had, the largest salmon, 98 pounds was caught not far from here, it is an incredible place.



Hope I find a camera soon, so that you can see some of it.



Wish they overnighted stuff to here I would have one of you send me a camera, but I don't think they do, saw the post office here, maybe....

1 comment:

Safarigrl said...

Pogo El Tigre en su tanka!