Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Trying to bring you something of what we are seeing

OK, so my camera is broke still,
but stewing over it all night brought me to google images,
and this is what we saw,
even if it isn't my picture,
and there was no ice,
you know we are just a few blocks away from the Eagle Lady,
the one who has fed the eagles for many years,
she has a little trailer that she has lived in on the spit,
in a campground not far from here,
maybe that's why we saw eagles all day longThis is exactly what we saw from out motorhome front window, except we were half way down the spit, we just sat and watched the sun set at midnight and the seals playing and the eagle messing with the seagulls

Four and a half miles long and every kind of kooky, strange thing they could sell or show you, funny place, great fish though, and as you can see, views to die for

75 dollars a night for an ocean front seat, but you get all the hookups and wifi, it is really like being in Animal Planet





Denali, it was socked in by clouds when we were there, but we saw it the time before, when we were there, like I said, you have to move your head to see it all, when you are looking at it











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't we fed-ex a camera to you or find a Walmart somewhere out there? I do so love your original photos! Hey, how's your leg?

badavenport said...

seems I may be doing something wrong SOMETIMES....some of my posts will show up, some just plain ol' don't, hhhhmmmmmmmmm

badavenport said...

ok, that obviously was a test posting, and it worked but the two before that didn't, and I have no idea what I said because I didn't read it..........but I will say that the growl in the dark tale made the hair on my arms stick right straight up, and I actually looked behind me......the camera story is bad, I hate that but your commentary makes pictures optional anyway, your words paint the whole picture and we need to use our imagination more anyway!! I will keep checking in and enjoying the trip with or without, did they take back the crappy camera, or did you have to do the "hissy fit" which is most effective "most of the time" but I am not sure how well it would work up there.....they may laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilderness Girls,
Let us know where we can send you a camera to -- (address) and we will get one to you. How many megapixels is the one you have? And what kind do you prefer - Sony, Cannon, etc. I would assume one that has a telephoto lense would be useful -- with the pictures you are taking. You really could be taking photos for the National Geographics company. You are really good at it. Seriously, see if there is a way we can overnight you one to the post office of the next town you will be going to and I will see what we can do -- to get it mailed. Would Fed Express be better?
Anyway, you are doing a great job at finding pictures that reflect what you are looking at. Just don't go and see any bears without us (or without a camera). We want to see the real thing - that you see -- even if you are running backward while you are snapping the pictures. It sounded like you missed a golden opportunity to see one (up close) the other night while you were walking the doggies. Do bears growl?
Keep me posted about the camera.
Your friend,
Linda2
PS Thanks for the letter/post card from the North Pole / Santa. Julia will like it and yes, she is my "favorite" - even if she is our only grandchild (so far). Been busy at work - got to do the OSHA pathogen thing again and you know how much I dread that!!!

Safarigrl said...

My posts went to outer space too, sorry. First of all, my leg is fine now, I have more range of motion so maybe it broke up some scar tissue, it is the leg I had all the knee surgery on, my foot, however, is black and blue and all swollen, wonder how long that will be. Thanks for the offers for the camera, I was just kidding, but it made me smile to hear you offering, Homer is so far out there I'm sure nothing is overnight, maybe over month, but that would be it. Went back to small town and found a camera that would work, took me 5 hours but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Linda, I couldn't remember if your Grandchild's name was Julie or Julia, and then I stewed about it so long I wasn't sure it was Julie or Julia, hence, "your favorite Grandchild", I knew it was your only one, my Mom used to call me her favorite daughter, took me years to figure out I was her only daughter.