Monday, August 6, 2007

It came in the still of the night.........

It was a dark and stormy night.......
ok, so it wasn't stormy, and it wasn't so dark,
but it was dark enough....
the dogs and I were out on our potty walk
when we encountered a low growl,
and it just kept growling,
not a dog,
not anything I have ever heard before,
we couldn't see anything,
but the dogs and I didn't need to see anything,
we slowly backed up and jumped into the motorhome,
Cindy was inside and had turned off everything to hear better,
she had heard the growl too,
I think she had visions of her beating the whatever it was off with her cane Later that night,
something was trying to get into the bottom storage units
about mid way down the motorhome,
the dogs never barked,
only I did,
Rainier told me he needed to go out again
and I told him he had to pee in his pants,
I wasn't going out for nothing,
did I mention that
there are more bears on the Kenai Peninsula than
anywhere else in the world

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't that sled dog that Gracie was talking trash to the other day? Are you going to clear out those storage units or put "bear-b-gone" in there? Be careful!!

Anonymous said...

Do you potty every night with the dogs??? What you got in them storage units anyway??...Poor Rainier...you better get some DEPENDS for him and Gracie!!

Safarigrl said...

I answered this before but my post went to outer space, so will try again, now I have more information, we had an opened bag of dog food in the lower storage bins, sure that was what was getting the eye. We are going to have to muzzle Gracie if she get's any lippy. Maybe we should get them all those astronaunt depends, kept that women for a long time dry.