Monday, May 14, 2007

Getting Ready to go....

It's almost a month away and I am getting nervous that we might forget something. This will be the biggest and longest trip we have ever taken, but, to put it in perspective we could hop on the plane and come home in a couple hours from Alaska. We just have to get to the airport and that could take days and days.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I have lots of extra "stuff" in my car, all the time, for "in case" my vehicle rolls over and I end up in a ditch. This must have happened to me in some past life. Anyway..... it's hard to think of all that extra stuff that we might need in the wilds of Alaska, when a charging bear has ran us up to the top of the motorhome, and we are thinking about climbing up that tree behind the motorhome, I hope I remembered to put the ladder on top of the motorhome, and bungee corded it, so that I can use it to get to that tree.
We are trying out various liquid chemicals for the toilet and deciding which one will get the offical nod to go with us, Cindy says she doesn't care, just as long as she doesn't smell "it", I think it should be a highly scientific study.
Ordered 4 books from Amazon on Rving in Alaska, and my sincerest apologies to Simone for not going to her Travel Bookstore to get those books, I will come to your book store to buy more books, and when I get back you can books us into your store as expert Rving Alaska motorhome people. Well, I'll have to think of a catchier title than that.

1 comment:

Simone Andrus said...

Hi Linda - I forgive you for not getting our books from me. However, remember in the future you can get free hand delivery from me.